Day 1: This tour will take you for an unforgettable trip around the Nam Ou River. We drive north to a village where we start kayaking with an experienced instructor. You will learn how to control your kayak. You will experience the stunning Nam Ou River from the kayak. Moreover, we will visit the Pak Ou caves where you will see about 4000 Buddha-statues. Then we cross the river to the Mahot camp to stay overnight there.
Day 2: After breakfast, you begin the elephant tour. The purpose is to show you the art of handling of an elephant by the Mahouts (professional elephant-trainers). Everyone who wants to know what it is like to take care of an elephant will enjoy this. We begin by introducing the elephant and you will learn how to ride, control, feed and even wash them. After that, we take the car and go to the Lao Lao Whiskey village, where the local people make whiskey. The Lao Lao whiskey is made from sticky rice. You can taste and see how they make it. Finally, we take you back to the city. Hope you have an interesting day!
- Tour guide
- Accommodation provided
- Meals provided
- Drinking water
- Entrance fee
Comfortable clothes and shoes.
Thing You Should Bring
- A few set of clothes
- Dry bag
- Insect repellent
- Some snacks such as energy bar
Thing You Should Know
- Timing can be changed according to your preferences.
- You should be 18 years old and above if you want to try the whiskey.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance