Trip start from Jewel Travel Laos office. Bike through the town towards Ban Phanom, a weaving Lao silk village and continue to visit the tomb of Henri Mouhot, a French explorer who discovered Mekong and Angkor Wat. Keep biking and pass some of the villages on the dirt road, then enter the pave road in 3 km. We will explore the village and experience their culture. Break for lunch at the elephant camp. After that, your guide will brief you about the elephant and you will be able to spend some time with the elephant by taking it to trek through the stream, teak tree, Khan river, villages and back to the camp. If you have more time, you can practice feeding them. After that, we will cycle back to the town and drop you at your hotel.
*Approximately: 3 hours biking/1 hour elephant/1 hour boat trip
- English speaking guide
- Comfortable clothes
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Clothes/shoes to get wet
- Mosquito repellent
Thing You Should Know
Optional: Additional $10 for elephant bathing.
- In case of illness or any condition resulting to the cancellation of the trip, please inform us 2 days before the trip.
- Less than 2 days will result in 20% charge.
- Last minute (less than a day): full charge.
- Cancelling the trip without any valid reason or ending the trip earlier at your call will result in no refund.
Term and Condition
In case of an emergency, the participants acknowledge that during the course of such trips, certain risks and dangers exist which included, but not limited to hazards on a moto biking, cycling, trekking, kayaking, camping, elephant riding, and others. It may involve an accident or illness in remote places that are without medical facilities of any kind. The clients had agreed to assume all risks associated with the trip and agree that no liability will be attached to the company or its outfitters of tour group in respected to death, personal injury, illness and possible delays caused by conditions due to natural forces for any unforeseen condition out of the tour company control. There is no liabilities for loss or damage to your own property, valuables or any gears of the participants used during the course of the entire trip. That would be without any company’s responsibility.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance