Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the boat pier (those who opt for cruise). The boat cruise takes you up the Mekong, past scenes of rural riverside life until reaching the Pak Ou caves at the confluence of the Nam Ou river into the Mekong. Two caves in a limestone face are filled with hundreds of Buddha images, which were deposited here over centuries. After exploring the cave, enjoy a Lao style lunch at a nearby restaurant. We then continue to the village of Ban Xang Hai. For centuries, this village has been making the earthen jars used as fermenting containers for Lao wine. Nowadays, it specialises in producing a wide range of Lau Lao (Lao whisky) and Red Lau Hai (Lao wine). We return to Luang Prabang, down the river in the late afternoon and visiting the weaving Lao silk village and Sa paper making village (mulberry paper) on the way back.
*Approximately: 4 hours on the boat
- English speaking guide
- Comfortable clothes
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Mosquito repellent
Thing You Should Know
You can choose to go with a cruise or minivan for this trip.
- In case of illness or any condition resulting to the cancellation of the trip, please inform us 2 days before the trip.
- Less than 2 days will result in 20% charge.
- Last minute (less than a day): full charge.
- Cancelling the trip without any valid reason or ending the trip earlier at your call will result in no refund.
Term and Condition
In case of an emergency, the participants acknowledge that during the course of such trips, certain risks and dangers exist which included, but not limited to hazards on a moto biking, cycling, trekking, kayaking, camping, elephant riding, and others. It may involve an accident or illness in remote places that are without medical facilities of any kind. The clients had agreed to assume all risks associated with the trip and agree that no liability will be attached to the company or its outfitters of tour group in respected to death, personal injury, illness and possible delays caused by conditions due to natural forces for any unforeseen condition out of the tour company control. There is no liabilities for loss or damage to your own property, valuables or any gears of the participants used during the course of the entire trip. That would be without any company’s responsibility.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance