This eco volunteering programme is your gateway to feel like a part of the Elephant Conservation team! It will give you a more in-depth insight into what it takes to look after elephants. During the week, you will share in the life of our staff and learn more about the Lao culture. You may even pick up a bit of Lao language! You will start by following our 3 day ‘Exploration’ program. Then you will be asked to assist us in the Center’s development by participating in current projects on site.
During your visit at the Center, you will spend a lot of time walking through our protected area. The area is forested and might not always be accessible without you getting dirty. Activities in the forest vary during the rainy season between May and September. You will be guided by a local English speaking guide and international experts.
- Transfer from Luang Prabang to the Center (round trip)
- English speaking team on site
- Set menu meals:Day 1 (L,D), Day 2 to 6 (B,L,D), Day 7 (B,L)
- Unlimited drinking water refills
- Accommodation: Bunk bed in a shared dormitory with communal wash facilities (hot shower)
- Tools and equipment for community work
- A free t-shirt
- Activities as described
- Long trousers and long shirts (clothes which you don't mind getting dirty)
- Trekking shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- A cap
- A big bottle of water to refill
- Long trousers and long shirts or a jacket to go to the forest (to avoid scratches and insect bites)
- Sun screen
- A bag to carry your belongings during the activities
- Good quality trekking shoes (recommended)
- Raining jacket, especially during the rainy season (June to November)
- Mosquito repellent
Thing You Should Know
- You should have valid travel and health insurance that covers the activities offered by the Company during the package tours.
- Medical care of the elephants at the Elephant Hospital is only carried out by qualified vets. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to participate in this activity. Thank you for your understanding.
- No earlier than 30 days prior to the starting day of the tour: 25% of the total price
- No earlier than 15 days prior to the starting day of the tour: 50% of the total price
- Less than 72 hours before the starting day of the tour: 100% of the total price
- Free of charge for children aged 1 to 4.
- 50% discount for children aged 5 to 10 if they are sharing a bungalow with their parents.
Term and Condition
The Company has the right to cancel the Reservation in cases where unusual and unforeseen circumstances arise due to reasons beyond our control, including, but not limited to acts of war, civil commotion, suspension and/or closure of Tour Services such as transport and accommodation facilities, exercises and/or orders from government and other public agencies, the need to use transport services not based on our original transport plan, and such circumstances affect the safe and smooth implementation of the Tour. The Company will not charge the price of the Reservation or a part of the price of the Reservation.