We leave for Manifa Elephant Camp. On the way, we stop at Ban Xang Hai (Whisky Village), also known as Whisky Village. Here you can see the process of making lao lao, the country’s beloved rice whiskey and for some maybe even a early morning sample!
We arrive at Manifa Elephant Camp and start “Meaningful Elephant Interactions Program". You can ride the elephants to the rainforest, play and feed them. After finishing 1 hour program, we take a short boat trip to Pak Ou Caves on the Mekong River. We see a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside as well as the mysterious nature on the way. 30 min boat trip take us to Pak ou where the confluence of the Mekong and the Nam Ou rivers. Pak Ou Caves are two linked caves crammed with thousand of lacquered Buddha Status of various shapes and sizes left by devoted pilgrims. Exploring the caves about 40 min, the boat takes us to the elephant camp and we enjoy a beautiful buffet style lunch at the restaurant, overlooking the Mekong river.
After lunch break, this adventure destination package takes you to the final destination Kuang Si Waterfall. You will have time to explore the three layered Kuang Si Waterfall. Walk the trails of the nature reserve, swim in the refreshing turquoise water pools and visit the bear rescue center. We leave for Luang Prabang in the late afternoon. We make a short visit at Ban Na Uan, a Hmong village on the way. We return to the city between 5:30-6:00 PM which is the ideal time to visit Phousi Mountain to see sunset.
- Entrance fee
- Drinking water
- Coffee and tea
- English speaking guide
- 5% tax for local development
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
- Comfortable shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Rain coat (during rainy season)
- Mosquito spray
Thing You Should Know
Children require mandatory parental or guardian supervision throughout the program.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance