A luxurious experience that combines two iconic nature destinations in one full day of relaxation and discovery. This visit to Kuang Si Waterfall, Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden and the Butterfly Park is the perfect blend of education and leisure.
Commence your day-long journey with a breath-taking leisurely private boat ride down the Mekong to Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden. Follow the map provided to embark on a self-guided stroll around the unique collection of the flora of Laos. Look out for gingers, orchids, ferns, bamboos and palms clustered around the limestone cliffs. There are free workshops available on tea-tasting (all day at the Cafe), bamboo handicraft (10-11am and a conservation talk (10am). For a cultural and artistic focus visit the exhibitions at Project Space - Pha Tad Ke. Exhibits here combine contemporary art, museum-quality textiles, photography, tribal sculpture and crafts.
At 12 noon sit down for a delicious Lao set lunch at Pha Tad Ke Forbes Top 10 Farm to Table cafe, set amid tranquil settings that overlook the garden’s beautiful lily pond. After lunch you are transported by boat and car to the Butterfly Park. Explore the park as local staff explains about the butterflies. After exploring the Butterfly Park, it is just a short walk to the iconic Kuang Si Waterfall Park. Walk past the Free the Bears centre where you will see Sun bears that are being rehabilitated, eventually reach the stunning waterfalls and have time to swim, hike, take photos and relax in the breath-taking surrounds. After completing your visit to Kuang Si Waterfall you will be returned to Luang Prabang.
- A tranquil boat ride on the Mekong River on the Pha Tad Ke boat and van to Kuang Si.
- Talks, free activities and entrance fees.
- Set Lunch at Pha Tad Ke.
- Outside Guides receive complimentary entrance and lunch when accompanying paying guests.
- Not included are: Tips (optional), personal expenses, and insurance, food and beverage, guide.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
Thing You Should Know
It is a not-for-profit organisation. All ticket proceeds go to the development of our garden, research and education.
- The garden is closed every wednesday.
- No tour guide for this tour.
- Children under 12 years old are free.
- No insurance.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance