This introduction to climbing class will usually take place at “Sleeping Wall”, located 15 minutes from Vang Vieng on the banks of the beautiful Nam Song river. Sleeping wall has over 31 established beginner to intermediate routes that will challenge any level of climber. The trek to the cliff “the approach” is the easiest in the area and can be managed in flip flops.
The course will begin with instruction on climbing equipment, climbing knots, belay devices and safe belaying techniques and procedures. You will be given the opportunity to belay a lead climber (instructor) who will set up a top rope for you. You will begin with an easy warm up climb and progress upwards in climbing grade typically completing 4 -6 climbs of increasing difficulty before returning to Vang Vieng. Your climbing guide will offer instruction and guidance in hand and foot placement (Beta) as needed. This can be extremely helpful to a beginning climber, just learning how to read rock.
- Go through the foundations of rock climbing onto some more advanced techniques
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Vang Vieng while having a good workout
- Feel safe in the hands of your professional English-speaking instructors
- Enjoy a unique and memorable day in Vang Vieng by going on this rock-climbing activity!
- Practice different climbing techiques such as basic, top-rope climbing, and belay
- Benefit from convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Vang Vieng
- Climbing Guide
- Climbing equipment
- Sports wear
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Bug Spray