The Pha Tad Ke boat departs Ban Wat That at 9:00am (please be at the pier at 8:45am). Enjoy a 30 minute leisurely boat trip down the Mekong River. Upon arrival at Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden reception, you will be given a short presentation about the gardens. After that, walk through the Ginger Garden and the Ethno-Botanic Garden, which is the centrepiece of the garden. Follow the path through the Limestone Walk and take in the amazing mountainous Mekong landscape. Learn how to make a bamboo stick animal at the site of the hunting lodge of the former royal family. Then continue your tour by walking through the Arboretum, Palm Garden and Bamboo Garden to our viewpoint, overlooking the rice fields. Finish your excursion with an optional orchid talk at Pha Tad Ke Nursery. Enjoy a delicious Lao set lunch at the Pha Tad Ke café.
All of the gardens will have introductory panels and labels. You can always ask our expert staff should you have any questions or require more information.
- Return join-in Mekong boat trip to and from Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden
- Sightseeing, talks and activities as specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fee
- Set lunch
Comfortable clothes and shoes.
Thing You Should Bring
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
Thing You Should Know
It is a not-for-profit organisation. All ticket proceeds go to the development of our garden, research and education.
- The garden is closed every wednesday.
- No tour guide for this tour.
- If pick up is included, please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance