The story of Laos tea is one of the oldest tea stories in the world. Yunnan, North Laos and Myanmar are the origin of all tea trees. The ancient people who settled down there discovered the unique qualities of these tea trees and quickly started using them medicinally. Explore this ancient tradition by sourcing and preparing tea ingredients at Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden then enjoy tea tasting with an ethno-botanic set lunch.
Begin your tea making journey with a tour of the garden grounds, where you will be guided to Bael Fruit trees, lemongrass plants, gingers and other seasonal options. You’ll have the unique opportunity to use local tools to source the ingredients yourself. After sourcing the plants and fruits, they are then brought to the beautiful Pha Tad Ke cafe where they are cleaned and prepared for tea making. The various teas are heated over a traditional Lao fire while you can cool down with refreshing cold teas that have been pre-prepared. After making and tasting the teas you can savour an unforgettable set lunch that incorporates medicinal plants from our ethno-botanic garden. After lunch, freely roam through the garden to learn more about medicinal plants, gingers, bamboos and palms; find tranquil areas of space that leave you relaxed and spiritually connected. You have the freedom to decide when to return back to town on our private boat; the last departure is at 5:30PM.
- A private cruise to and from Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden
- Entrance fee
- Private tea-making experience tour
- Free garden activities and a set lunch
Comfortable clothes and shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
Thing You Should Know
It is a not-for-profit organisation. All ticket proceeds go to the development of our garden, research and education.
- The garden is closed every wednesday.
- No tour guide for this tour.
- Children under 12 years old are free.
- No insurance.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance