This exceptional and highly personalized full-day expedition begins with the Therapeutic Trek with the addition of another half-day of incredible Lao experiences. The Inside the Hearts of Elephants tour ensures you have both the time and proximity to deeply connect and interact with your own special elephant. After you enjoy a fresh traditional Lao lunch in the jungle, you will start off on a walk to a seldom-seen and hidden gem of a waterfall, where you can wade, meditate, or stand under its softly flowing showers.
You will end this full and deeply satisfying day by escorting your elephant companions to their feeding grounds before honoring them with your friendship and bidding them farewell until you meet again!
- Snacks (for you and the elephants) and drinks.
- Roundtrip transport
- Well trained english speaking tour guide
- Trekking boots and socks
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Ponchos and umbrellas
Clothes that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
Thing You Should Bring
- Dry bag
- Swimming attire (if you want to swim in the waterfall)
Thing You Should Know
- A maximum of 10 people allowed for private tour.
- Please note that the tours offered do not include any insurance. MandaLao can not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage the traveler suffers while on tour or in connection to our property. Travel insurance policies may be purchased by guests on request.
- Please note that we provide no backpacks for carrying children and parents are responsible for their well-being. We do not advise children 4 and under unless parents are used to hiking with them.
- Please note the difficulty of the tours. MandaLao will not make refunds if the children are unable to complete trips due to age or ability.
- Unaccompanied minors must be 16 years of age or older and have written consent from parents or guardians to participate.
Term and Condition
- MandaLao Tour Co reserves the right to amend or cancel tour programs at anytime to protect the health and welfare of the elephants. Where possible rescheduling tours or refunds will be offered.
- MandaLao also reserves the right to remove any person(s) from any tour if behaviour or actions are causing a negative impact to elephants, staff or our environment. No refunds will be given.
- Our tours will run rain or shine. No refunds should you cancel because of the weather. Tours will be adjusted to ensure the safety of the guests and elephants in changing seasons.
- Baby Kit is a growing elephant and is also undergoing positive reinforcement training. His interaction with guests may change overtime. It is not always a guarantee to have a hands on experience. We ask you to respect him and our positive reinforcement training program.
- 7 days or more before the start of the tour: 100% refund
- 7-3 days before the start of the tour: 50% refund
- 3-2 days before the start of the tour: 25% refund
- 1 Day (24 hours) before the start of the tour: no refund
- No Show: no refund