Set out in search of one of the world’s largest living land animals hidden in Lao’s diverse and mysterious jungle. After being rescued from logging camps, all of our elephants now enjoy peaceful and rest-filled lives. Your journey will lead you high up into the hills where the elephants spend a large majority of their time feeding on wild vegetation and relaxing.
After you’ve located the giants, it is time to convince them (with some extra sweet fruit) to follow you through the jungle and down to the Huay Nok stream for a drink. From there, you meander through its cool waters to the banks of the Nam Khan river. Once on the banks of the river, you will be greeted by Mahouts bearing baskets of bananas and sugar cane. Giving the elephants these treats after an amazing walk through the jungle is the best way to let them know you enjoyed their company — and their appreciation will be undeniable.
- Snacks (for you and the elephants)
- Sports wear
- Trekking shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Insect repellent
Thing You Should Know
- A maximum of 10 people is allowed in a private tour.
- This is a strenuous hike and is not recommended for children or adults in poor physical shape. You will hike a total of 4km with 200 metres of vertical gain.
- Please note that the tours offered do not include any insurance. MandaLao can not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage the traveler suffers while on tour or in connection to our property. Travel insurance policies may be purchased by guests on request.
- Unaccompanied minors must be 16 years of age or older and have written consent from parents or guardians to participate.
Term and Condition
- MandaLao Tour Co reserves the right to amend or cancel tour programs at anytime to protect the health and welfare of the elephants. Where possible rescheduling tours or refunds will be offered.
- MandaLao also reserves the right to remove any person(s) from any tour if behaviour or actions are causing a negative impact to elephants, staff or our environment. No refunds will be given.
- Our tours will run rain or shine. No refunds should you cancel because of the weather. Tours will be adjusted to ensure the safety of the guests and elephants in changing seasons.
- Baby Kit is a growing elephant and is also undergoing positive reinforcement training. His interaction with guests may change overtime. It is not always a guarantee to have a hands on experience. We ask you to respect him and our positive reinforcement training program.
- 7 days or more before the start of the tour: 100% refund
- 7-3 days before the start of the tour: 50% refund
- 3-2 days before the start of the tour: 25% refund
- 1 Day (24 hours) before the start of the tour: no refund
- No Show: no refund
Tours will not run from 1 April to 30th July.