Drive northwards 1 hour to Hardkhor village. We then start rowing downstream Nam Ou river for about 2 hours. Along the river, you can see wonderful nature built cliff called Pha Aeng. When we reach a Buddha cave (Tham Ting) at the mouth of Nam Ou river, you have 1 hour to take photos of the cave and enjoy lunch there.
The second course of kayaking is on the Mekong. It takes half hour on the boat to arrive at our elephant camp. You will enjoy riding, controlling and bathing the elephants. At Ban Xanghai, you can learn how local people produce sticky rice wine. You are welcome to try it if you want.
- English speaking guide
- 5% tax for local development
- Drinking water
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Insect repellent
- Rain coat (during rainy season)
Thing You Should Know
- Children require mandatory parental or guardian supervision throughout the program.
- 3 hours kayaking and 1 hour elephant riding
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance