The trip starts from the Jewel Travel Laos office. We will drive 35 minutes, 20 km south of Luang Prabang to the starting point at Ban Mout Village. Before paddling downstream, your guide will give you basic instructions for paddling and safety in 15 to 20 minutes. For example, how to behave after capsizing. Finally, we can enter the kayak and paddle with the current while enjoying the beautiful scenery. Visit some villages of Lao minorities set at the Khan riverbank along the way. We paddle 1 hour to the famous Tad Sae waterfall where lunch will be served by your guide. After you had enjoyed your lunch and spend time exploring the beautiful waterfall and swimming in the natural pools, we go on paddling to Luang Prabang. On the way, you will experience more of the locals' life: how they make a living by agriculture. See how they grow vegetables which are sold at the local market in town. We will paddle on and your guide will let you visit the tomb of Henri Mouhot, a French explorer who discovered Mekong & Angkor Wat. The trip will be finished around 4.30pm to 5pm at Hathien village. We will transfer you back to the town.
*Approximately: 5 hours kayaking/1 hour village visits
- English speaking guide
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
- Comfortable shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Swim suit
- Clothes/shoes to get wet
- Mosquito repellent
Thing You Should Know
The waterfall is dry from December to June.
- In case of illness or any condition resulting to the cancellation of the trip, please inform us 2 days before the trip.
- Less than 2 days will result in 20% charge.
- Last minute (less than a day): full charge.
- Cancelling the trip without any valid reason or ending the trip earlier at your call will result in no refund.
Term and Condition
In case of an emergency, the participants acknowledge that during the course of such trips, certain risks and dangers exist which included, but not limited to hazards on a moto biking, cycling, trekking, kayaking, camping, elephant riding, and others. It may involve an accident or illness in remote places that are without medical facilities of any kind. The clients had agreed to assume all risks associated with the trip and agree that no liability will be attached to the company or its outfitters of tour group in respected to death, personal injury, illness and possible delays caused by conditions due to natural forces for any unforeseen condition out of the tour company control. There is no liabilities for loss or damage to your own property, valuables or any gears of the participants used during the course of the entire trip. That would be without any company’s responsibility.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance