The trip leaves from Jewel Travel Laos office or we can pick you up from your hotel. We drive 2 hours, 65 km north to Ban Sup Jaek on route no 13 along the dirt roads. Before paddling downstream, your guide will give you basic instructions about paddling and safety in about 15 to 20 minutes. For example, how to behave after capsizing. Enter the kayak and paddle down the river. Enjoy the beautiful scenery with small waterfalls on the left and right in the wet season. You will pass some small fun rapids (level 2-3) before we arrive at Ban Hat Sang. Picnic style lunch will be served by our guide during a break on a nice spot at the riverside. Then continue paddling further down. You can test your skills, crossing some bigger rapids before we reach the finishing point. We will drive 28 km back to Luang Prabang.
- English speaking guide
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
- Comfortable shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Swim suit
- Clothes/shoes to get wet
- Mosquito repellent
Thing You Should Know
A 2 day experience is possible. The accommodation will be a homestay.
- In case of illness or any condition resulting to the cancellation of the trip, please inform us 2 days before the trip.
- Less than 2 days will result in 20% charge.
- Last minute (less than a day): full charge.
- Cancelling the trip without any valid reason or ending the trip earlier at your call will result in no refund.
Term and Condition
In case of an emergency, the participants acknowledge that during the course of such trips, certain risks and dangers exist which included, but not limited to hazards on a moto biking, cycling, trekking, kayaking, camping, elephant riding, and others. It may involve an accident or illness in remote places that are without medical facilities of any kind. The clients had agreed to assume all risks associated with the trip and agree that no liability will be attached to the company or its outfitters of tour group in respected to death, personal injury, illness and possible delays caused by conditions due to natural forces for any unforeseen condition out of the tour company control. There is no liabilities for loss or damage to your own property, valuables or any gears of the participants used during the course of the entire trip. That would be without any company’s responsibility.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance