Embark on a once in a lifetime experience and the only one of its kind in Laos. After coming to us from a logging camp in western Laos, our 10-month old baby elephant nicknamed “Kit” has become a key part of our vision for the future. This young elephant is being trained using positive reinforcement and loving care — this is in sharp contrast to the traditional “breaking” process of physical abuse and fear — and the separation of young elephants from their mothers.
We invite you to learn about this new training process largely pioneered by Prasop Tipprasert in hope that these techniques will be adopted throughout the region and in other elephant-inhabited countries. You will have an intimate and exclusive opportunity to get to know this baby elephant while hiking up a cool mountain stream in the jungles of Laos. This is a unique chance to participate in something entirely new with a potential to change the future of elephant welfare in Laos and in other elephant-inhabited countries.
- Round trip transport
- Well trained English speaking tour guide
- Trekking boots and socks
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Fresh lunch, coffee, tea, drinking water and snacks
- Ponchos and umbrellas
Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
Thing You Should Bring
Thing You Should Know
Please note that the tours offered do not include any insurance. MandaLao can not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage the traveler suffers while on tour or in connection to our property. Travel insurance policies may be purchased by guests on request.
- 0-4 years: free
- 5-11 years: 25% discount
- Please note that we provide no backpacks for carrying children and parents are responsible for their well-being. We do not advise children 4 and under unless parents are used to hiking with them.
- Please note the difficulty of the tours. MandaLao will not make refunds if the children are unable to complete trips due to age or ability.
- Unaccompanied minors must be 16 years of age or older and have written consent from parents or guardians to participate.
Term and Condition
- MandaLao Tour Co reserves the right to amend or cancel tour programs at anytime to protect the health and welfare of the elephants. Where possible rescheduling tours or refunds will be offered.
- MandaLao also reserves the right to remove any person(s) from any tour if behaviour or actions are causing a negative impact to elephants, staff or our environment. No refunds will be given.
- Our tours will run rain or shine. No refunds should you cancel because of the weather. Tours will be adjusted to ensure the safety of the guests and elephants in changing seasons.
- Baby Kit is a growing elephant and is also undergoing positive reinforcement training. His interaction with guests may change overtime. It is not always a guarantee to have a hands on experience. We ask you to respect him and our positive reinforcement training program.
- 7 days or more before the start of the tour: 100% refund
- 7-3 days before the start of the tour: 50% refund
- 3-2 days before the start of the tour: 25% refund
- 1 Day (24 hours) before the start of the tour: no refund
- No Show: no refund