Depart from city center at 8.30am and cycle down the countryside roads. We will take about 20 minutes to Ban Phanom, one of only few Tai Leu villages left in Luang Prabang. Tai Leu who migrated from Sip Song Phanna in South China owns very special uniqueness of weaving silk and cotton. You can spend some time observing the locals making their textiles. Then we will continue our trip to a historical spot where you would muse over the grave of a French explorer, Henry Mouhot, known as the discoverer of Angkor Wat. He died in Luang Prabang due to malaria. We will take 2 hours to cycle along the road lying through paddy fields and orchids of pineapple. You will be able to see the locals working in their farms. When we arrive Ban Aen, we will take a motorboat to cross the Nam Khan River to Tad Sae where you will enjoy lunch, swimming and riding the elephants. Around 2pm, we will raft downstream in Nam Khan for 2 hours to Ban Noon. On the kayaks, you will enjoy challenging rapid currents. Moreover, you will gain a wonderful time seeing villagers utilise the water from the river for their daily activities. At Ban Noon, our transport will take you back to the city center.
- Entrance fee
- English speaking guide
- Buffet lunch
- Drinking water
- Coffee & tea
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Insect repellent
- Rain coat (during rainy season)
Thing You Should Know
- Children require mandatory parental or guardian supervision throughout the program.
- 3 hours of biking, 3 hours of kayaking and half an hour of elephant riding
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance