We depart from Manifa Travel office at 9am by minivan to Ban Hat Kor about 1 hour. From there, we start kayaking on the Nam Ou River for about 2 hours. We enjoy a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside and see a wonderful nature built limestone cliffs called Pha Aen on the way.
Upon arrival at Pak Ou, we visit the famous Pak Ou Caves – two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by devoted pilgrims. Exploring the caves about 1 hour, we will have lunch before starting the second course of the kayaking on the Mekong River.
It takes about 1.5 hours to arrive at our final destination, Ban Xanghai where you can learn how local people produce sticky rice wine. You are welcome to try it if you want.
- Drinking water
- English speaking guide
- 5% tax for local development
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Rain coat (during rainy season)
Thing You Should Know
Children require mandatory parental or guardian supervision throughout the program.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance