We depart from our office at around 8:30am. Then we drive for 30 minutes to Ban Mout village. From there, we start kayak on the Nam Khan River. Basic kayak instructions will be presented by our skillful guide before going downstream. The Nam Khan river valley will provide us panoramic views of Luang Prabang countryside. We will enjoy challenging rapid currents for half an hour until we reach Tad Sae Waterfall.
Each rainy season, these falls erupt with life as the extra water from the mountains plunge over the flat rocks. The natural pools at the base of the waterfall are a must for a swim. We will have a joyful picnic lunch break and swim for about one and half hour in Tad Sae. (Optional elephant bathing available in Tad Sae Waterfall).
The second section of the trip will start in the afternoon. We will try more challenging rapid currents for more than two hours. Reaching Ban Had Hien village, we go back to the city.
- Drinking water
- English speaking guide
- 5% tax for local development
- Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
Thing You Should Bring
- Rain coat (during rainy season)
Thing You Should Know
- Children require mandatory parental or guardian supervision throughout the program.
- You will require to kayak 4 hours for this trip.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance