Visitors are transported by a 15-minute leisurely private boat ride to explore Pha Tad Ke’s unique and secluded botanical garden, artistic and cultural space. Be active and opt for soft adventure on this moderate hike to the top of the Pha Tad Ke mountain. At the summit enjoy a picnic lunch and take in the picturesque mountain ranges and the Mekong River.
Step aboard the private boat at Ban Wat That and journey across the Mekong River to reach the 40 hectares of Pha Tad Ke. Our staff will welcome you to the garden and introduce you to your hiking guide. As you ascend the mountain the hike boasts stunning views of the Mekong and a visit to the intriguing Pha Tad Ke Cave. Immerse yourself in nature as you climb through lush vegetation and jungle terrain. Stop the mountain stop to enjoy a picnic lunch and admire the scenic views and sense of tranquillity that surrounds you. The descent takes place on the opposite side of the mountain, offering a moderately challenging adventure and similarly stunning views. Return to the garden for refreshing iced teas. In addition to the flora, the garden contains a Permaculture Demonstration Farm and a Slow Food Garden. There are free workshops available on tea-tasting (all day at the Cafe), bamboo handicraft (10-11am and 2-3pm), a conservation talk (10am) and an orchid talk (3pm). For a cultural and artistic focus visit the exhibitions at Project Space - Pha Tad Ke. Exhibits here combine contemporary art, museum-quality textiles, photography, tribal sculpture and crafts. The hiking experience lasts approximately 3 hours. Be sure to bring proper shoes, a bottle of water, and athletic clothes to lessen the challenges in the journey. At the end of the day enjoy a leisurely cruise back to the peninsula with drop off at Ban Wat That.
- A tranquil 15-minute boat ride on the Mekong River on the private Pha Tad Ke boat.
- Entrance fee and approximately three hours hike with a guide and picnic lunch provided.
- Free activities: bamboo handicraft, conservation and orchid talks, herbal tea tasting, cave hike.
- Access to the Permaculture Demonstration Farm and Project Space gallery exhibitions.
- Outside Guides receive complimentary entrance and lunch when accompanying paying guests.
- Comfortable or althletic clothes
- Hiking Shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
Thing You Should Know
It is a not-for-profit organisation. All ticket proceeds go to the development of our garden, research and education.
- The garden is closed every wednesday.
- No tour guide for this tour.
- Children under 12 years old are free.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance