Visitors are transported by a 15-minute leisurely private boat ride to explore Pha Tad Ke’s unique and secluded botanical garden, artistic and cultural space. Discover the flora of Laos with an ethnobotanical expert. Afterwards, engage with the exhibitions of Project Space and learn more about Laos through a series of available cultural activities and workshops.
Step aboard the private boat at Ban Wat That and journey across the Mekong River to reach the 40 hectares of Pha Tad Ke. Our staff will welcome you to the garden and introduce you to your private guide.
Stroll through gingers and medicinal plants, admire the jungle terrain in our limestone garden, and explore the palm and bamboo gardens. As you walk feel free to ask questions to the guide who can provide expert and in-depth knowledge about the history of the garden, the flora and the conservation work being undertaken in Laos. The guide can also recommend any books that may be of interest at the shop. In addition to the flora, the garden contains a Permaculture Demonstration Farm and a Slow Food Garden. There are free workshops available on tea-tasting (all day at the Cafe), bamboo handicraft (10-11am and 2-3pm), a conservation talk (10am) and an orchid talk (3pm). For a cultural and artistic focus visit the exhibitions at Project Space - Pha Tad Ke. Exhibits here combine contemporary art, museum-quality textiles, photography, tribal sculpture and crafts. After wandering around the gardens make a stop at the quiet cafe overlooking the lotus pond. Enjoy sipping tea and savouring some Lao snacks or take the opportunity to sample some of Chef Chan’s classic Farm to Table Lao cuisine including Pomelo salad and pumpkin curry. After your visit enjoy a leisurely cruise back to the peninsula with drop off at Ban Wat That.
- A tranquil 15-minute boat ride on the Mekong River on the private Pha Tad Ke boat.
- Entrance fee and guided tour with English-speaking Senior PTK Staff or Senior MSc or PhD expert.
- Free activities: bamboo handicraft, conservation and orchid talks, herbal tea tasting, cave hike.
- Access to the Permaculture Demonstration Farm and Project Space gallery exhibitions.
- Outside Guides receive complimentary entrance and lunch when accompanying paying guests Bookings.
Comfortable clothes and shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
Thing You Should Know
It is a not-for-profit organisation. All ticket proceeds go to the development of our garden, research and education.
- The garden is closed every wednesday.
- No tour guide for this tour.
- Children under 12 years old are free.
- No insurance.
- Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
- Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance