Learn the intricate art of Lao weaving on a traditional floor loom with one of our resident master weavers. Our weavers and knowledgeable guide help you create your own weaving.
Start with an introduction to silks, dyeing, and weaving techniques. Each student is assigned a loom — a guide and a weaver will help you learn the art of weaving.
You will get to take home the product items at the end of the class. Silk colours can be customised!
Timetable for each Class
Half-Day Class: Start from 9AM – 12PM or 1PM – 4PM
1 Day Class: Start from 9AM – 4PM
2 Full Days Class: Start from 9AM – 4PM
This class starts with a morning of selecting colours, gathering plants, and the preparing natural dyes using the traditional Lao recipes. Then you dye 3 silk skeins or cotton napkins to take home! After lunch in our Silk Road Café (included in the price) each student gets their own loom. Together with the support of one of our master weavers, you will spend the next day and a half weaving your own silk scarf. This class offers great insight into both weaving and dyeing!
Choose from one of the two options of products to make yourself and take home. Colours and patterns are customisable for all items!
3 Full Days Class: Start from 9AM – 4PM
A true weaving master class!
This class offers the opportunity for students to explore the techniques used in Ikat weaving. The class involves wrapping the silk and natural dyeing process of the weft threads, which render the pattern, followed by weaving your own Ikat Scarf (180 cm) to take home. Colours and patterns are customisable!
- Tuk-tuk transfer (within the town only
- Materials needed for the workshop
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
Thing You Should Know
- Our driver will pick you up 20 minutes before the tour. Please wait at your hotel lobby.
Term and Condition
- Less than 15 days prior to the class: 50% of the cost will be charged.
- Less than 7 days prior to the class: 80% of the cost will be charged.
- Less than 3 days prior to the class: 100% of the cost will be charged.