Explore the mysterious beauty of the Lao jungle with our recently rescued elephants as your companions. This journey is a perfect way for these happy elephants to enjoy a walk in their natural habitat after decades of hard labor in logging camps. It also offers you a once-in-a-lifetime experience to learn from and absorb their calming energy.
MandaLao’s guides and mahouts will teach you how to understand the ways in which elephants and humans communicate with one another. Once this connection is made it’s almost impossible not to see many of our own emotions in them—a life-changing experience with animals so seemingly different from us.
- Roundtrip transport
- Well trained english speaking tour guide
- In-depth Introduction into elephants
- Trekking with elephants
- Trekking boots and socks
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Fresh lunch, coffee, tea, drinking water and snacks
Clothes that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
Thing You Should Bring
- Dry bag
Thing You Should Know
- Please note that the tours offered do not include any insurance. MandaLao can not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage the traveler suffers while on tour or in connection to our property. Travel insurance policies may be purchased by guests on request.
- Please note that a maximum of 10 people is allowed in a private tour.
- Please note that we provide no backpacks for carrying children and parents are responsible for their well-being. We do not advise children 4 and under unless parents are used to hiking with them.
- Please note the difficulty of the tours. MandaLao will not make refunds if the children are unable to complete trips due to age or ability.
- Unacommpained minors must be 16 years of age or older and have written consent from parents or guardians to participate.
Term and Condition
- MandaLao Tour Co reserves the right to amend or cancel tour programs at anytime to protect the health and welfare of the elephants. Where possible rescheduling tours or refunds will be offered.
- MandaLao also reserves the right to remove any person(s) from any tour if behaviour or actions are causing a negative impact to elephants, staff or our environment. No refunds will be given.
- Our tours will run rain or shine. No refunds should you cancel because of the weather. Tours will be adjusted to ensure the safety of the guests and elephants in changing seasons.
- Baby Kit is a growing elephant and is also undergoing positive reinforcement training. His interaction with guests may change overtime. It is not always a guarantee to have a hands on experience. We ask you to respect him and our positive reinforcement training program.
- 7 days or more before the start of the tour: 100% refund
- 7-3 days before the start of the tour: 50% refund
- 3-2 days before the start of the tour: 25% refund
- 1 Day (24 hours) before the start of the tour: no refund
- No Show: no refund