8:00 am – 8:30 am: Pick up by our English speaking guide from your hotel lobby within Luang Prabang,Laos
Arrive at the Elephant Village Camp: Welcome greeting by your guide and participate in a short briefing about elephants
Elephant Feeding: Get up close and personal with elephants
Explore Elephant Village: Visit elephant hospital, museum, photo gallery and dung paper making area
Learn to communicate with elephant: Enjoy the impressive experience of being a mahout and how they communicate with the elephants
Bathe the Elephant: Take the elephants down to the Nam Khan River for an exhilarating bathing experience!
Trek along the Trail of Falls: Enjoy a 2 km trek along our exclusive Trail of Falls through
Lunch: Dine in the forest surroundings with a picnic box lunch prepared just for you at our camp restaurant (vegetarian options available).
Continue of the Trail of Falls: Enjoy another 1 km trek on foot along the Trail of Falls, which follows a beautiful stream leading up to Tad Sae Waterfall.
Tad Sae Waterfall: Arrive at Tad Sae Waterfall and relax, dip your feet or take a swim in the clear, cool water
Boat trip back from Tad Sae Waterfall: Ride in a traditional Lao long boat to the Tad Sae Waterfall
Depart: Transfer back to your Hotel in Luang Prabang between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm
The true nature lover’s tour! Get it all with this diverse and action packed tour which takes you to learn how to communicate with the elephants, bathing and trekking through prime jungle along a stream leading up to Tad Sae Waterfall. Even your lunch will be an adventure as you picnic in the forest surroundings. You are sure to be delighted (and exhausted) after this adventure!
Thing You Should Bring
- Insect repellent
- Drinking water
- Some snacks such as energy bar
- Swimming attire (if you want to swim in the waterfall)
Thing You Should Know
1. This tour does NOT include elephant bathing.
2. Itineraries are subject to change based on seasonal conditions.
3. Tad sae waterfall can get dry during the dry season, so we offer you to relax and swim in our beautiful Shangri Lao swimming pool.
By booking our tour, you are supporting:
- Our Elephants
So that they can earn their own living in close harmony with nature & humans, cared for by professionals and away from abusive work logging work.
- Our Community – especially in the rural areas
We create jobs in many different sectors. For example: elephant care takers and food suppliers, restaurant service, house keepers, maintenance staff, boat drivers, chauffeurs, tour guides, gardeners and farmers. This ensures a varied local economy that includes many different skill sets.
- Our Tourism Industry in Laos
Because we offer unique and attractive activities as well as a very high level of customer satisfaction, especially outside the busy tourism areas; we help to create extended visits to Laos. This benefits many individual service providers throughout Laos and creates a more sustainable tourism industry.
- Our Natural Habitat
By trekking down our “Trail of Falls” trail, you contribute to our nature conservation project (wildlife habitat), which sets an example for the local community. They see that money can be earned and jobs can be created in a sustainable way, without destroying precious natural habitats. This also means that they can keep alive the skills they already have.
Term and Condition
- Cancellation must be done during office hours, 48 hours before the tour start time. A cancellation must be acknowledged by our staff or a 50% cancellation fee will be charged. Cancellation of a booking within 24 hours of the tour start time or no-show will be charged 100% of the tour price.
- For large group bookings of 10 pax or more, cancellations must be done 1 month prior to the tour date or a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- Our tours do not include insurance. Elephant Village shall not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage the client suffers during, or in connection with, any Elephant Village tours or activities.
- We pick up and drop off at hotels or guesthouses within Luang Prabang only. We do not pick up or drop off at bus stations or the airport.
- The Tad Sae Waterfall may be dry during dry season. We reserve the right to provide alternative activities in place of the waterfall activity during dry season.
- Elephant Village reserves the right to operate any tour or tour activities in a different order than is published on our website if conditions warrant.
- Elephant Village reserves the right to break larger groups into smaller groups if conditions warrant.
Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up. As this is a join in tour, please be patient in cases of unforeseen delays along the pick up route
Additional surcharge will apply if hotel is outside of Luang Prabang city, to be paid directly to the operator. Operator will reconfirm the surcharge amount in advance
If you have questions or encounter problems with the tour, please contact WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 59 533 720