Trek to the heart of the National Park and enjoy natural pools and waterfalls. Identify proof of wildlife along the trail (footprints, scat, scratches, etc) and verify wildlife camera traps. Try your luck to hear the critically endangered Northern White-Cheeked Gibbons and to spot birdlife and wildlife from the observation tower overlooking a salt lick that attracts animals such as the rare Sambar deer from far and wide.
National Park’s Conservation Fund Fee
Village Ecotourism Benefit Fund Fee
District Office of Information, Culture & Tourism Fee
National Park’s English-Speaking Guide
Village team services: village guide/wildlife spotter, porters, cooks, cleaning and handicraft group
Transport Muang Hiam-Village-Muang Hiam
Food and water
Sleeping equipment (Mattress, Mosquito net, Pillow and Sleeping Bag)
Long pants/sleeves and trekking shoes
Thing You Should Bring
We ask that you please bring just one small backpack and leave large suitcases or long‐haul backpacks in the village or your car.
Please bring just one small backpack and leave large suitcases or long‐haul backpacks in the village or your car. Please bring the following:
- Light rain jacket or poncho (strongly recommended)
- Fleece jacket (strongly recommended as November to February can be very cold)
- Sun hat for daytime
- Wool cap for night
- Long pants for walking in the forest
- Good walking shoes
- Sandals for bathing
- An extra t-shirt
- Shorts for sleeping/bathing
- Snacks (food is provided, but you might want to bring something to snack on)
- Water purification tablets (for multi-day treks, the water is boiled)
- Insect repellent
- Reusable water bottle (help us to reduce waste)
- Your own sleeping bag and/or sleeping sheet (we provide a sleeping bag and sleeping sheet, but you can use your own if you have)
- Our porters will carry all camping equipment, however if you would like someone to carry your personal items for you, you may pay extra for an additional porter. Please ask our staff about this.
Thing You Should Know
Weather can be both very hot during the daytime and very cold at night. It is recommended that you bring clothes for both extremes.
Please note that we provide boiled stream water on the multiple day trekking tours. Please take your own water purification tablets.
The NEPL NPA’s ecotours are non-profit ventures with the majority of the income from the tours directly benefiting the local communities. All earnings are reinvested back into the ecotourism and other conservation projects.
This tour only operates during the dry season (from October to May/June).
Please note this package requires walking over difficult terrain over three days (rocky streams to cross, steep hills to climb as well as dense vegetation). Please sign up for this tour only if you have experience with difficult trekking and if you are confident in your physical ability to deal with such stresses.
Add extra night in the ecotourism village home-stay the night before/after the tour.
Seasonality: DRY SEASON ONLY (Oct-June)
Term and Condition
- 100% refund at least 14 days before the tour date
- 50% refund at least 7 days before the tour
- 0% refund if least than 5 days before the tour date
If you have questions or encounter problems with the tour, please contact WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 59 533 720