Discover Laos Today offers a user-friendly and efficient online ticket booking system to help you save a great deal of time when it comes to traveling around Laos. Travelers can reserve train tickets in Laos online and collect the ticket there are 2 options:
- E-ticket via WhatsApp
- Physical tickets at our office or the delivery service option is as well available for you.
Currently, we support advance ticket booking for 4 stations including Vientiane, VangVieng, Luang Prabang and Oudomxay.
The high-speed rail service is operated by CR200J trainsets traveling at a maximum speed of 160 kilometers per hour.
>>If you would like to reserve the 'High Speed Train Ticket From Laos to China', please CLICK HERE
Passport Requirements From The Train Station:
Copies of passports of all travelers who issue tickets with passport numbers attached to their names. The bottom page are fully shown without borders cropped or finger-holding the passport and high resolution as it needs to be scanned at the station. Please send your passport photo to +85620 5618 2999 (WhatsApp) upon reservation or at least 6 days before departure date. To send your passport photo must be the same phone number that you made the booking reservation.
If you don't send your passports to us after your booking or 6 days before your travel date, your booking will not be processed and will not be refunded.
- The tickets are non-transferable to another person
- Seats can't be chosen
- If you have more than 10 pax up in a group, please do not hesitate to contact us via WhatsApp at +8562056182999.
- Ticket prices include service and delivery charges. But if you would like to pick up your train tickets yourself, please check 'Ticket Pickup Location' below.
- Reservation is available from 5 days up to 90 days in advance.
- Children above 1.2m (120cm) have to purchase a ticket.
- Baggage weighs up to 10 kg for children.
- The maximum adult baggage allowance is 20Kg.
Ticket Collection Points:
- Vientiane: Receive E-ticket via whatsapp or free delivery to your Hotel/building in town area or self-collect at:
Option 1: Discover Laos Today office at ASEAN Mall is open daily from 9 AM to 5 PM for pick-up.
Option 2: Trans-Express Co.,Ltd. is open Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM and Saturday from 8 AM - 12 PM for pick-up, closed on Sunday.
Option 3: Wattay International Airport is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM for pick-up.
- Luang Prabang: Receive E-ticket via whatsapp or free delivery to your Hotel/building in town area or self-collect at:
Option 1: Discover Laos Today office behind Joma Bakery from 9 AM to 5 PM for pick-up.
Option 2: Luang Prabang International Airport is open daily from 9 AM to 5 PM for pick-up.
- VangVieng: Receive E-ticket via whatsapp or Self-collect at Discover Laos Today office in front of Silver Naga hotel from 9 am to 5 pm or free delivery to your Hotel/building in town area
- Oudomxay: Receive E-ticket via whatsapp
- Nateuy: Receive E-ticket via whatsapp
- Boten: Receive E-ticket via whatsapp
We will send your physical tickets to your hotel/building prior to 18:00 pm 1 or 2 days before departure.
If you are not sure where you will be staying, please leave your WhatsApp number and if you know please contact us via WhatsApp on +85620 5618 2999 with your booking reference number.
Thing You Should Know
HOW TO COLLECT YOUR TRAIN TICKETS WITH US
- Receive Your e-ticket via Email: Receive your e-ticket via email or whatsapp in PDF format. Print a copy of your e-ticket in advance or carry it on your mobile phone to present it to our team whilst you collect your physical ticket at our office.
- Collect Your Physical Train Tickets: Present your e-ticket and collect your physical train tickets at our office 1 or 2 days prior your departure or 2 hours prior to your departure time.
- Board The Train: Access the platform and present your physical ticket or QR code and passport to the conductor before boarding the train.
Term and Condition
Cancellation And Refund Policy:
- If you cancel your ticket within 30 days prior to the departure date, you are eligible for a full refund.
- If you cancel your ticket within 15 days prior to the departure date, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel your ticket within 7 days prior to the departure date, you will be charged 100% of the total price.
Ticket Change Policy:
- If you want to change your travel date or destination after the ticket has been issued, a change fee of 20% of the total price will be charged.
- Please note that if you want to cancel your ticket and request a refund after the ticket has been issued, you will need to do it yourself at the train station. In this case, the train station will refund 80% of the ticket price.
- You must present your physical ticket or e-ticket and passport as you check in at the departure station and check out at the destination station.
- You should arrive at the station at least 30 mins prior to departure and wait in the waiting area for the inspection of tickets and documents.
- All passengers must wear protective masks and observe social distancing recommendations.