Luang Namtha – Ban Nam Yang – Ban Nam Ngaen – Ban Phieng Ngam – Luang Namtha
We start the hill-tribe trip from The Hiker office, first heading to the ancient Stupa of That Poum Pouk located on top of a high hill. You will have an opportunity to take nice pictures of the panoramic landscape. Then we continue to cycle up rough mountainous paths for a few hours before reaching the village on a hilltop. We will visit the hill-tribe families and interact with the children playing around. We will have a picnic lunch of cultural local food before cycling a decent back and enjoying the stunning scenery. Next, we will visit other hill-tribe villages of Tai Dam and Tai Deng ethnicity, where locals make woven products, and silk textiles, and where the local whisky distillery is. We will learn there how they produce local alcohol. We will also visit some typical hill-tribe families in the village, before cycling another 6 km back to the town ending the trip in the late afternoon.
This hill-tribe off-road biking experience includes a steep mountain climb and a visit to one of the most authentic ethnic minorities inhabiting the high mountainous regions of Northern Laos (Akha tribe). The remote highland village is a great opportunity to experience a unique community livelihood, have a local-style lunch, enjoy panoramic 360-degree views and explore and interact with the Black Tai Villages.
English speaking guide
Transport as mentioned above
All entrance fees
Clothes which you don't mind getting wet
Thing You Should Bring
Clothes/shoes to get wet
Raincoat (Wet season)
Toilet paper or tissues
Thing You Should Know
Please arrive at the starting point (The Hiker Laos Office) at least 20 minutes before the tour starts
Term and Condition
- Cancellation 15 days or more prior to the tour: No charge applied.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the tour: 50 % charges of all the services requested
- Cancellation less than 72 hours ( 3days ) prior to the tour: Full charge for all services requested will be applied
RIGHTS & PRINCIPLES
- The customer must be aware that The Hiker is fully responsible for all its operations. This means that the customer must adhere to the guidelines and instructions of The Hiker’s tour-guide at all times.
- The Hiker is responsible for: security, safety, travel permits, government taxes, entrance fees, local guide, English speaking guide, accommodation, transport, food and water as described in the relevant tour itinerary. The Hiker also endeavours to meet the customer satisfactions to the best of its ability and is responsible for any complaints that arise which will be dealt with as detailed above.
- The Hiker has the right to decline or remove a group member at any time if the person is being aggressive, disrespectful or behaving in a dangerous manner that puts him or herself and/or other members of the group at risk and is unwilling to adhere to the authority of The Hiker tour-guide.
- The Hiker cooperates with third parties including government agencies and a network of individuals and companies and to the best of The Hiker’ knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are under contract to. However, The Hiker will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behaviors of these third parties.
- The Hiker will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveler who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
CUSTOMER’S TRAVEL INSURANCE
- The Hiker’s rental vehicles are insured as commercial passenger vehicles. Insurance covers all the passengers while in a vehicle.
- The Hiker is not liable for any other insurance claims related to the tour.
- All customers travelling with The Hiker must have a valid travel insurance policy that covers the following liabilities: personal accident, medical expenses, baggage loss, cancellations, curtailment, personal liability and emergency repatriation.
- We recommend that the insurance also cover activities and risks related to kayaking, mountain biking, trekking and accidents or illness in remote locations with limited emergency facilities. Please be advised some insurance policies do not cover trekking beyond a certain height above sea level. We suggest customers read their insurance policies before booking a tour as certain events such as natural disasters and terrorism also may not be covered.
- The customers agree to assume all risks related to the trip and agrees that no liability will be attached to The Hiker or its partner agencies.