Luang Namtha – Ban Thongchai-Tai – Stupas – Ban Nam Mud – Ban Nam Ngaen – Ban Phieng Ngam – Luang Namtha.
Your Minority Groups Cycling tour begins at The Hiker office where you will meet with your English speaking local guide. You will be driven out of the town to the river Namtha, where the local people plant their vegetables or rice (depending on the season). We will cross a bamboo bridge to the first village of Ban ThongChai-Tai (Black Tai ethnic). The village is not big but we will ride around the village to see some traditional houses before we go to the huge open flat land area of Luang Namtha. In the wet season, you will enjoy feasting your eyes on the green rice paddies and the giant evergreen mountains in the background. Then we will head to Poum Pouk Stupa, the most ancient architecture of the Tai Leu ethnic minority group, which is located on top of the mountain. From the top, you will enjoy the views of the town. Next, we will head to the Akha village of Ban Nam Mud and then to the Nam Ngaen village, where we will see locals making the rice whisky – you will have an opportunity to taste some if you wish. We will continue to cycle along the tranquil rice paddies to Ban Phieng Ngam (Red Tai ethnic minority group) and we will visit a family who makes weaving textiles. Just before sunset, we will cycle another 6km back to the town.
One day cycling exploration trip where you will visit various ethnic minority groups such as Akha, Lantan and Tai Dam. You will see how locals make traditional products such as silk and cotton textiles with natural colouring, woven bamboo baskets and a local whisky. You will also ride along the valley and paddy fields, and see the ruins of an old Stupa.
English Speaking Guide
Transport as Mentioned Above
All Entrance Fees
Clothes that you don't mind getting wet
Thing You Should Bring
Clothes/shoes to get wet
Raincoat (Wet season)
Toilet paper or tissues
Thing You Should Know
- 1 to 5 years old: Free of charge for 1 child & 50% charge from one of two children
- 6 to 10 years old: 50% discount
- Over 10 years old: Same price as adult
- Cancellation 15 days or more prior to the tour: No charge applied.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the tour: 50 % charges of all the services requested
- Cancellation less than 72 hours (3 days) prior to the tour: Full charge for all services requested will be applied
Term and Condition
RIGHTS & PRINCIPLES
- The customer must be aware that The Hiker is fully responsible for all its operations. This means that the customer must adhere to the guidelines and instructions of The Hiker’s tour guide at all times.
- The Hiker is responsible for: security, safety, travel permits, government taxes, entrance fees, local guide, English-speaking guide, accommodation, transport, food, and water as described in the relevant tour itinerary. The Hiker also endeavors to meet customer satisfaction to the best of its ability and is responsible for any complaints that arise which will be dealt with as detailed above.
- The Hiker has the right to decline or remove a group member at any time if the person is being aggressive, disrespectful, or behaving in a dangerous manner that puts him or herself and/or other members of the group at risk and is unwilling to adhere to the authority of The Hiker tour-guide.
- The Hiker will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behaviors of these third parties.
- The Hiker will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveler who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
CUSTOMER’S TRAVEL INSURANCE
- The Hiker’s rental vehicles are insured as commercial passenger vehicles. Insurance covers all the passengers while in a vehicle. The Hiker is not liable for any other insurance claims related to the tour.
- All customers traveling with The Hiker must have a valid travel insurance policy that covers the following liabilities: personal accident, medical expenses, baggage loss, cancellations, curtailment, personal liability, and emergency repatriation.
We recommend that the insurance also cover activities and risks related to kayaking, mountain biking, trekking and accidents or illness in remote locations with limited emergency facilities. Please be advised some insurance policies do not cover trekking beyond a certain height above sea level. We suggest customers read their insurance policies before booking a tour as certain events such as natural disasters and terrorism also may not be covered.
Please arrive at the starting point (The Hiker Laos Office) at least 10 minutes before the tour starts